After redesigning the site (yet again) I finally got around to playing with my new toy, the USB Rubber Ducky (makes bath time lots of fun). It took me a while, but with a little help from the documentation and a few simple examples, my first payload appears to be working.
The specific target is Windows 7 running in the VMware Player (rubber ducky does not play nice with VirtualBox). The script uses MS Paint to get the following image from the interwebs then sets it as the desktop background (seems to be the easiest way to get it done with fewer keystrokes). (more…)
I’ve been observing site traffic for the past couple of days because the log files associated with my FTP server revealed a concerted effort to gain unauthorized access. And there have been repeated attempts to either download the WP configuration file or log into the site using brute force methods. (more…)
Well, I graduated (again). So now I have more time for my own projects while I look for a job. As you can see, the site theme has been updated, though I’m not completely satisfied with the mobile version yet. I still have a few other sites people need me to work on. Another round of demo competitions should be coming up soon. The audio stream could use some fresh tunes. And I just ordered a new toy. More about that when it arrives…
I was checking referal traffic the other day and discovered that my illusory cones demo was picked up by Richard Hull at GitHub to be used as an example for programming enchiladas. I’m not exactly sure what that is, but it sounds delicious.
My server got zapped during a big storm this morning. Fortunately I know a few people with plenty of spare parts, and the power supply was the only thing damaged. I got lucky. Pardon me while I do some fresh backups, get a better surge protector, and change my shorts. Yikes.